Karri Cup organisers will provide some support for all the riders.
- There will be limited mechanical support at the Service Stops.
- Medical emergency support and emergency communications.
- Food and water supplied at Service Stops.
- Sweepers for those who don't make it to the finish of a stage.
- A shuttle bus and bike trailer to get riders to the 25 and 50km event start line.
- A shuttle bus and bike trailer to transport 25km riders and early withdrawals back to the Northcliffe Recreation Grounds.
Below is a list of items we think you should bring to the MTB challenge. It is by no means definitative and your planning for the event should include some research on what you will need.
- Good quality trail proven Mountain Bike
- Australian Standards approved cycling helmet
- Spare tubes/Patches
- Tyre pump
- Multi tool
- Chain tool
- Basic spares for your bike
- Hydration pack - 3 litre capacity per rider
- Mobile phone - it may work in some areas
- Good quality chamois in your shorts
- Your favourite chamois cream
- Both full and half finger gloves
- Sunglasses - bring a spare set just in case
- Additional nutrition
- Small first aid kit
- Insect repellant
One of the many appealing factors of Mountain Biking is heading into the bush for an epic trail ride, being self sufficient while you are out there and carrying all you need to get back safely.
Karri Cup MTB Challenge 2017